Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Starry Night










Starry Night
By: Faseeh Biabani

Black and blue, a depiction of the weak
Colors of the sky, stand alone still
Vast amount of beauty, I cannot speak
Not that I want to, nor that I will.

Ironic affiliation with rest and peace
Like a sponge, I sit and soak it in
To me its a bearer of ease
To them it's an invitation to sin.

Glimmer, Glisten, Sparkle, Wink
The stars above light my way
Alone I stand to quietly think
Where did I trip, where did I stray?

Glance at them before I close my eyes
I pray You forgive me for what I've done today
Open them suddenly to my surprise
I see him stand to take my soul away.

It's not really my time yet is it, I quickly ask
I have so much to do, so much to see
I thought this game was supposed to last
Yet he stands there, indifferent to my plea.

Not much I can do or say to get rid of him
Thank God I asked Him to forgive me
The notion caused me to give in on a whim
And then before I could count to three..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey...
U are blessed with a priceless gift Brother Faseeh. every piece of ur writing its unique in its own way. every word is inspiring... makes me wonder why have you stopped writing??
Will look forward to ur post Inshallah..

Anonymous said...

MASHALLAH! amazing writing skills. you are super profound. May ALLAh s.w.t bless your writing skills ameen. and i agree with comment above, continue writing, would love to see more of ur work. n u could get published, ur work is amazing MA!